Thursday, January 31, 2013

Month 1 is Done!

1 month down, 11 months to go! Today brings an end to the month of January where I read 41 books! I'm ahead of the game and still feeling good about my challenge.

Some things I've learned so far:
1. Read things you're interested in. This is a daunting task and I need to stay motivated to keep at it by only reading books that I'm interested in.
2. But that doesn't mean you only need to stay with easy to read books or books in my genre. Stray from your genre a little.
3. Take recommendations from friends, that might help you discover books you never would have read before.
4. If you don't want to read that day, then don't. Reading is something I enjoy and I want to keep it that way and do not want to turn it into something that I am forcing myself to do.
5. Borrowing from the library sometimes saves me SO much money on books!

I'm in the middle of book 42 now but I'm tired and have a full day tomorrow so I'm going to crash early instead of staying up to finish it. But I think things are going well so far :)

xo,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment