Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Book 41

Day 30:

Today was a day full of reading and relaxation. I've been having pretty bad headaches lately and have been feeling very drained so it was nice for me to just chill out on my bed and read.

Book 41: Everbound


Author: Brodi Ashton
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 358
Series: Yes, Book 2 of 3, book 3 has yet to be released
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date Read: January 30, 2013

4 stars
Last year Nikki was taken to the Everneath, a place for the Everliving, immortal beings that feed off human emotions. Nikki was Cole's sacrifice and he fed off of her for 100 years, only 6 months on the Surface in her own time. The only thing that kept Nikki sane was her tie to her boyfriend Jack. Now she must return to the Everneath with Cole and fight for the love she has lost, while Cole continues to fight for her heart.

This author has a thing for cliffhanging endings, something I am very much not a fan of! I understand the idea of keeping readers in suspense and guessing over the long wait for the next book, but this ending just pissed me off! I enjoyed the rest of the book and the challenges they had to face in the Everneath. To me it seemed that the series was over, but then he threw a major curve ball and it just made me so mad. But I liked the book. The writing was clear and engaging and it was easy to read.

I wasn't feeling much like reading tonight, so I'm going to take tonight off.

xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment