Tuesday, January 1, 2013

365 Books in 365 Days! Book 1

Hi there!

First off, happy new year to all! I hope 2013 is a good year. 

A little about me and my goal: My name is Erin and I'm a 21-year-old new blogger and I just graduated college from the University of Maryland. I love to read and found an idea on Pinterest that I added to my bucket list, which involved reading 365 books in 365 days. I plan to attempt this feat this year from January 1, 2013 to January 1, 2014. I decided to start this blog to keep myself motivated and keep track of the books that I read, as well as the struggles I encounter with trying to read this many books while also balancing looking for a job, adjusting to life at home, studying for the GRE and finding time for a social life. I also want to write a little about each book, my likes and dislikes, etc.

Now a little about my history of reading: I am a quick and voracious reader, well known to the local librarians and Barnes and Noble booksellers. I love reading because it allows you to escape to another place, and to fall in love with the character and story that the author creates. My favorite genres of books are romance, classics, dystopia, and paranormal, but have begun to branch out a little. I love Goodreads and am open to any suggestions! I also love watching movies and television, naps, going shopping, hanging out with friends and snuggling with my dogs.

My favorites: Some of my favorite stand alone books are Sweet Evil, Entwined, The Wedding Dress, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Pride and Prejudice, 1984, Wuthering Heights, Emma, Gone with the Wind, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Vintage Affair, The Language of Flowers, The Boy who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window, From Rags, and On the Island. Some of my favorite series novels are the Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Goddess Test, Vampires at Stake, Divergent trilogy, Delirium trilogy, Thoughtless trilogy, Girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy, Anne of Green Gables, Wizard of Oz, Alice, and Marriage to a Billionaire. Some of my favorite authors of which I have read numerous books by, just not one particular series or book are L.J. Smith, Christine Feehan, Susan Mallery, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Simone Elkeles, Jennifer Echols, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks and Jane Austen. I love finding new authors and new books to read. 

Book 1: Darker Still



Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Series: Yes, 1 of 2
Purchased or Borrowed: Purchased, Hard copy
Date Read: January 1, 2013

Now I'm off to read this book, thanks for taking the time to look at my blog and happy reading to you! I'll be back with an update about the book, and which book is up next. 
xo 
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment