Monday, January 14, 2013

Book 20

Day 14

Well, today was another busy day. I got lunch with a friend, went to the library, took a nap, applied for some more jobs, and caught up on my tv shows. I love days like today because I did a bunch of things, but it was very relaxing. However, I'm feeling a little restless. I'm hoping to start volunteering at the hospital again soon and maybe try to find a part time job until I find something more permanent. I'll also start studying for the GRE's soon.

Book 20: Paper Valentine



Author: Brenna Yovanoff
Genre: Young Adult/Fantast
Pages: 304
Series: No
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date Read: January 14, 2013

3.5 stars
I had been wanting to read this book for a while and it just came out. I was the first person to read this brand new book from the library. Don't get me wrong, I love libraries, mainly because they save me an insane amount of money with all of the books I read, but I LOVE reading a brand new book.

This book was about Hannah, a girl whose best friend Lillian died six months ago from anorexia, and who can still see and talk to her ghost. Then girls start getting murdered, left surrounded by a collection of toys and a single paper heart. It becomes obvious that this is the work of a psychopath, and Lillian encourages her to try to figure out who the killer is. She begins getting close with a delinquent boy named Finny, who after they come across a body in the forbidden park, the police begin to suspect. The beginning was really slow, but it definitely picked up. The mystery of the killer was pretty good, but I did guess who it was before the ending.

I'm going to start reading another book, but at this point I find it unlikely that I will finish it tonight.
xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment