Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book 9

Hiya,

Well, this post is coming to you at a normal hour of the night, only 9 pm and I already am so tired I can barely stay up, so instead of continuing to read my second book, I've decided to go to bed early like a normal person. But first, here is the review of the book I read today.

Book 9: The Last Unicorn


Author: Peter S. Beagle
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 212
Series: No
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date Read: January 6, 2013
Day 6/365

3 stars
I had heard of this book before and heard people compare its style to that of Alice and Wonderland and the Lord of the Rings, so I was intrigued. The premise of the book is about the last unicorn, who finds out that she is the only one left and is determined to find out what happened to the rest of her species. She follows them to King Haggard and the Red Bull, along with a few companions, where the king is determined to collect her. She foils this plan for a while however, and the end is happy but sad. I really enjoyed the first half of the book, but by the second half when the company arrived in King Haggard's domain, it was not the same story that I had enjoyed.

I began to read the Clockwork Orange, but trying to interpret the slang is just too much for me tonight, so I'm going to head to bed. Who knows how long I'll sleep though, last time I tried to go to bed early, I woke up at 1 and couldn't fall back to sleep for hours. Goodnight!

xo,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hi gbig! Have you read the true blood book series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi glil, yes I have! I like them, just one more left :)

    ReplyDelete