Friday, January 11, 2013

Book 16

Day 10:

Well, here I am at 3am, again. I had a really full, fun day today. I went to an archery range this afternoon with family and a friend because my sister had never tried it before. We had a lot of fun, then did some shopping, and all sat around and played the game Headbandz. Emily and I also tried to compile our music, because due to two unfortunate incidents recently we both lost the majority of our itunes library. It was only then that I had time to read, and I was surprised to find that I didn't really want to. I'm not sure if it was the book that I was reading, or that I was tired, so I decided to take a break from that book and start with something fresh.

Book 16: Timekeeper


Author: Alexandra Monir
Genre: Young Adult/Science Fiction
Pages: 288
Series: Yes, this is Book 2.
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date read: January 10, 2013

3.5 stars
Okay, so first let me give a little recap of the first book, otherwise this review will make no sense. In the first book Timeless, Michele Windsor is sent to live with her grandparents after her mom's untimely death and having never known her father. She finds a key that her dad had left for her mother that allows her to time travel, just as her father had done. Through her time travels Michele falls in love with a boy named Philip Walker from 1910. They eventually are unable to be together because of the time difference and her inability to stay in 1910 or bring Philip back to the present. So in this novel, Michele is surprised to see a boy named Philip Walker walk into her classroom at school, but he doesn't remember her. Meanwhile, an ancestor named Rebecca is jealous of Michele's father and her own time-traveling abilities and is planning to kill her. In the seven days she has, Michele must learn as much about her father, time travel, and the past in order to get rid of Rebecca for good.

I really enjoyed the first novel, and I liked this one as well, but it didn't seem to have the same spark to me as the first novel. I did enjoy the premise, was happy to read about the characters again, and it was a quick read. It was also nice to have a little break from the classics and read a much easier writing style.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Salisbury overnight, and then will be back Saturday after hopefully watching my Ravens kick some Bronco ass ;) so probably not much time for reading, maybe on the car ride there, but we will see!

xo,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment