Monday, February 4, 2013

Book 43

Day 35

Today I got back from an amazing long weekend at Salisbury where I had a great time and very little time for reading. Once I got back though I knew I needed to get started again because I have a bunch of books due back to the library shortly so I decided to go with a quick read.

Though it was made a little more challenging by this..where Winnie decided to lay on top of the book as I was trying to read.



Book 43: Through the Ever Night


Author: Veronica Rossi
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Pages: 341
Series: Yes, Book 2 of 3. Book 3 has yet to be released.
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date Read: February 4, 2013

3.5 stars
This is the second book in this trilogy, followed by Under the Never Sky. The book takes turns telling the story from both Perry and Aria's perspectives. Perry is an Outsider, a young Blood Lord that lives on the land and tries to protect his people from the Aether storms in the sky that are now becoming a continual uncontrollable danger. Aria was raised a Dweller, people that stayed in pods and avoided everything about the outside world. She is actually half-Outsider as well as she possesses an extra sensory gift (she is an Aud) like others in the outside world. Together they fight to find a way to protect each other and the people they are responsible for to get them to a place called the Still Blue, where there are no storms, as well as the ability to blend their differing backgrounds so that they can truly be together.

So this was a relaxing read, but it took me a little bit to get into the story because I didn't remember much about the first book. I did enjoy it but it has been a while since I read it, and I hate when that happens and the author doesn't find a concrete way to tie the new book to the others in the series. That and the slightly odd premise of the Aether, which is not explained all that well, are my reasons for only a medium rating. Otherwise it was an easy and enjoyable read. 

xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment