Sunday, May 26, 2013

Books 71 and 72!

Hi there!

Another book from last night and one today :) I'm on a roll, I even got to go strawberry picking with my family and am going to enjoy some quality time with my boyfriend tonight and I can't wait. But on to the books.

Book 71: Sweet Peril


Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Pages: 371
Series: Yes, book 2 of 3. Book 3 is not yet released
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library, but worth the purchase. I bought the first book.
Date read: May 25, 2013

4.5 stars
Anna Whitt is the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, who has begun to work for her father, polluting souls in order for them to avoid detection. Meanwhile, Kaidan Rowe, the son of the Duke of Lust and the boy she loves, is plaguing her mind. But when Anna hears a prophecy from the spirits, she must travel around the world with Kopano, son of the Duke of Wrath in order to recruit fellow Nephilim to their cause. But their freedom will not be won without a fight.

I loved this book. My sister and I both adored the first book and were anxious for the second one to be released and it did not disappoint. I don't know if there are two other literary characters whose separation hurts me so palpably. Kaidan and Anna, both Nephilim are forbidden to be together, but it doesn't mean that they love each other any less. I also liked the introduction of the new Nephilim as they begin to recruit for the war. I'm looking forward to the close of the trilogy!

Book 72: Walking Disaster


Author: Jamie McGuire
Genre: Romance
Pages: 433
Series: Yes, book 2 of 2
Purchased or Borrowed: Borrowed from the library, but I bought book 1 on my nook
Date Read: May 26, 2013

4 stars
This is the story of Travis and Abby. Travis is the bad boy fighter who sleeps with girls with no intention of commitment, and Abby, or Pigeon as he calls her, is the one girl that wants nothing to do with him but yet can't seem to stay away.

Beautiful Disaster, the previous novel was the story told by Abby. This time Travis is the narrator, and though some parts feel the same, there is definitely a different feel because Travis is a lot more volatile than Abby is, so everything is a bit more dramatic. I enjoyed the epilogue but still thought that some more closure would have been nice because I didn't feel like some of the things mentioned fit with the rest of the story.

Now off to get in the shower and enjoy my evening :)
xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment