Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Book 60

Day 66

Like I said yesterday, I quite enjoy reading books that have been or will be made into movies. Through Goodreads I have discovered some new books, many from movies I have already seen and did not realize were based upon books. I enjoy the comparison, and this one did not disappoint.

Book 60: War Horse


Author: Michael Morpurgo
Genre: Historical Fiction
Pages: 165
Series: Yes, book 1 of 2 but it is not necessary to read both
Purchased or borrowed: Borrowed from the library
Date Read: March 6, 2013

3.5 stars
This is the story of the horse Joey, told from his perspective. He is bought at an auction by Albert's father and becomes a farm horse until he is sold to the war effort and becomes a strong and valiant war horse with many adventures. Albert meanwhile joins the army in an effort to find his way back to Joey.

I thought that this was an enjoyable short story. I love horses and this movie so I liked reading it. The movie stayed relatively true to the book which I always prefer. However, I think in the case of this story because the narrator was a horse, it was a bit easier to feel the emotions of the story in the movie. I think it was an interesting choice to use the horse as the narrator, although he is obviously the primary focus of the novel.

I think I'm going to head to bed now relatively early because tomorrow is a busy day. I have lunch plans, will be hitting the gym and have to do all manner of errands before we leave for Florida on Friday! Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of reading done then, I've already packed my books ;)

xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment